Can a 16-17 year old open a PayPal/Paytm/Google pay account without UPI?

davidrichard09
Contributor
Contributor

I am under 18. I am from India. I do not have a bank account. I only have a phone number(not registered under my name). I also have passport, Aadhar card, etc. What are other requirements for using PayPal, Paytm, etc.?

I also want to know what is UPI and how it works? And will I be able to use the UPI facility for PayPal, Paytm, PhonePe, Google pay, etc.?

Are there any services which facilitate payments without the UPI? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

AditiyaPanday5
Contributor
Contributor

Logn answer short ~ Yes, but not legally.

You must have your parent or legal guardian's permission to use Google Pay and to accept the Terms. Google Pay requires a bank account to be added till then Google Pay is unable to send or receive money.

I would recommend using a family payment method on Google Play

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidrichard09 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account. That option is not guaranteed as you would have already broken their rules once.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.