Buying "Authentic" Sneakers

karrenleee
New Community Member

I am planning on purchasing shoes from a reseller on Instagram that claims they are authentic. He uses paypal for his payments and the price seems a little low to be true. Therefore, I wanted to make sure with the community that if I receive the shoes and find out that they really are fake, whether or not Paypal will reimburse me with the amount I spent if they are fake. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karrenleee 

With an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers so there is no guarantee paypal will find in your favour as they make a judgement call.

Social Media is rife with ads from companies in China selling fakes so buyer beware.

If they do find in your favour then you may well have to return the item back to the seller at your own expense before you get a refund and provide a tracking number (although that policy I believe is changing soon) and the seller 'may' have to send a shipping label.

But if you send paypal a written letter from a shop that sells OR company that makes the real item confirming it is fake then you may not have to return it.

Personally paypal gives you some buyer protection only and its up to you to risk assess your transactions as they don't and can't ''vet'' all sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.