Assistance Required: Locating Existing APP ID for Adaptive Payments in PayPal Business Account

Srinivas140415
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I'm reaching out for some assistance regarding my PayPal business account. Long back, I  have generated an APP ID to use with the PayPal Adaptive Payments API for a project. However, I currently do not have access to this APP ID and am unsure where to locate it within my PayPal business account.

I've navigated through various sections of my account dashboard, but haven't been successful in finding where APP IDs are listed or how to retrieve the specific APP ID associated with my account.

Could anyone provide guidance on:

1. Where in the PayPal business account I can find my previously generated APP ID for the Adaptive Payments API?
  2. Are there any specific steps I need to follow or account sections I should check to locate this APP ID?

If so, can you please provide me the suggestions on how to get the APP ID? I'm hoping to resolve this as smoothly as possible and continue with my project development

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Best regards,
A.K.Srinivas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @Srinivas140415 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Merchant Community. I would like to inform you that after 2017, the Adaptive Payments portal has been removed. As a result, it is no longer possible to view the app id from your PayPal account. In order to stay up to date, we strongly encourage all users of Adaptive Payments to transition to PayPal Multiparty.

If you still have an existing Adaptive Payments app, there is a possibility to retrieve the app id from PayPal developer.

Here are the steps to follow:

• Click on Apps & Credentials
  • Toggle to Live
  • Scroll down to NVP/SOAP API apps
  • If the app still exists you will see the APP ID listed

However, if you do not see the Adaptive Payments App ID listed, it means that your app is no longer available.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.