mystery addresses

volta
Contributor
Contributor

I'm finding addresses shown in a choice list during transactions that are not otherwise shown in either my Ebay or Paypal profiles.  These are old addresses that I had deleted some time ago, yet they continue to show up dSmiley Maduring a transaction when I am prompted to choose an address.  So there is a mystery database somewhere that is attached to the transaction process but orphaned from profile access.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!   I recall posing this question to Paypal a while ago and was pointed to Ebay (of course).  I gave up, knowing this would be an endless loop of finger pointing.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have an answer for resolution / correction?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

hondo57
New Community Member

I also saw a mailing address that I did not recognize, was not in the same state where I reside. Tried to edit in Pay Pal, but do not see the address listed. How does this address appear when I make purchases and want to ship to an address other than my residence.?

Login to Me Too

r2223
New Community Member

I to have a mystery address i tried paying for an item and pay pal asked which address i would like tochoose and this mystery address popped up a city near me so i think i will check it out see if someone is using my info. i tried contacting pay pay about this but its so******* hard no help whatsoever. Thanks alot paypal !!!!!

Login to Me Too

r2223
New Community Member

I to have a mystery address i tried paying for an item and pay pal asked which address i would like tochoose and this mystery address popped up a city near me so i think i will check it out see if someone is using my info. i tried contacting pay pay about this but its so******* hard no help whatsoever. Thanks alot paypal !!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.