Why was my verified phone number unlinked?

LDiesl
Contributor
Contributor

I have two mobile phones. One is used for personal use and the other for business. That is to say I actually use one mobile phone as a home phone. My friends and family have that number, insurance co has that number, etc. I answer it when I am at home. During business hours I only take my business mobile phone wiht me.

I decided to drop the extra phone and only use one. BOTH of these phone numbers were verified in my PayPal account and all I did was edit "Home" to "Mobile" and double-checked to make sure it was set as my primary phone.

Then, instead of changing the type of phone it simply showed that it was unlinked. I had no intention of unlinking the phone number. I had to re-verify the phone number by having a code sent to it via text message, which never showed up. I was then informed that my phone number had been unlinked "for my security." There is absolutely NOTHING secure about PayPal playing around with MY account information and arbitrarily unlinking my verified phone number.

It have read that PayPal sends the text message codes as emails rather than as actual text messages. I don't know that my phone can accept those. I can't recieve picture messages sent to my phone that way. Maybe something has changed since I previously verified this very same phone number, but I am not getting the code text message. This is extremely inconvenient and disturbing. Why do I have to verify a phone number that was ALREADY VERIFIED in my account? And what the H*** does it have to do with my security --- when it was ALREADY VERIFIED?!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.