PP e-mail not getting through Shaw.ca e-mail server

GDPK-63
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else out there with an   {at}shaw.ca  e-mail address having problems receiving messages from PP ?

I've been using PP for years with great results, but a while back changed internet service providers. Up to now, I haven't bothered to switch over to using my e-mail address with my new ( Shaw )  ISP, as my old e-mail account remained active, and I wasn't using PP very often.

Now I'm starting a home-based business,  plan to use PP frequently, and want to start using my new e-mail address, as that's the one I check frequenlty. When trying to activate my new  e-mail address, with   the   {at}shaw.ca  domain, the confirmation message doesn't come through, making it impossible for me to use my new address.

I have  turned off spam blocking on my home computer's anti-virus program, still nothing from PP coming through via Shaw.

I know the system should work, because I can still get PP e-mail at my old ( Telus ) e-mail address, and at another infrequently-used  Gmail address. I called the PP tech support, and the tech support guy sent a test e-mail message to me at Shaw, which didn't come through. He suggested the problem was likely with my ISP / mail host.

Next  I contacted the Shaw tech support guys. The technician first had me turn off a Shaw spam blocker on my e-mail profile with Shaw - still nothing coming through from PP. The Shaw tech was stumped, he has a {at}shaw.ca e-mail and showed me a screen-shot of a recent PP message in his e-mail, so it  all works for him - my problem has now been passed on to their crack problem-solving team.

Would like to know if I've the one-in-zillion problem, or are there other Shaw clients having problems getting e-mail from PP ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.