I have duplicate accounts, can't use my bank # because of it

beth1954
Contributor
Contributor

I don't use paypal that much, and because of that I quite often forget my password.  I changed my password again recently.

I tried to purchase something today under my new account, and put in my bank routing and account numbers, and it won't let me purchase anything because it says that my bank account is already being used on another paypal account.  I know that, but since I can't remember my last password, I can't get in to delete it or fix this problem!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Turtle
New Community Member

I am having the same issue.  I had lost all of my data earlier this year on a PC and when I went into Paypal I couldn't remember any of my sign ons and created a new account.  when I tried to add the bank and cc info it told me those numbers were already in use and I have no way of knowing how to get the old account closed because I don't remember any info on it.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

I can't even close the old one because I don't have the info.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It was against the user agreement to add a second premier/business account.

You should have called paypal and they would have assisted you in getting a new password.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You really to contact PayPal's Customer Service as they are the only folks who can look at your accounts and assist.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

waldopepr
New Community Member

My friend has been trying to log on to an old account she has. She doesn't remember the password or the answers to the security questions. When you call paypal customer service you have to enter the last 4 numbers of the CC or bank account on the account. Hers is an old CC that no longer exists and she doesn't know the last 4 digits so she can't even get to customer service! How do you fix that????

Login to Me Too

badkitty

I am having same problem.  My account supposedly was closed out 3-4 yrs. ago but now when I try and reopen it,

I am getting the info that an account is already open using my routing number from my check and it will not

open it.  What a drag.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.