I Don't Want My email Address Remembered at Login

Digger109
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all.....first post.

What can I do so that PayPal does not pre-list my email address at login?

I want to be required to type my email address in each time at login, I do not want it to be already there.

TIA!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Digger109,

I can understand why you would not want your email remembered.  The process by which this email address is remembered, is not a PayPal process.  For security reasons we do not leave this as an option through our system.

This would be a setting within your personal computer.  I apologize, but I am unsure as to what system you use so I would be unable to advise you on how to stop this process. 

I would highly recommend that you contact your computer support to make this change.

PayPal_WarrenG

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Digger109,

I can understand why you would not want your email remembered.  The process by which this email address is remembered, is not a PayPal process.  For security reasons we do not leave this as an option through our system.

This would be a setting within your personal computer.  I apologize, but I am unsure as to what system you use so I would be unable to advise you on how to stop this process. 

I would highly recommend that you contact your computer support to make this change.

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

ou812
New Community Member

Warren,

I have the same problem. I was told to delete browsing history it worked on every account except PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Digger109
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to solve my problem like this (I'm currently using Internet Explorer 8 as a browser):

Tools -> Internet Options

Look in the "Security" section.

Select the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed." option.

Worked for me.

In Firefox (I use Firefox 3.6.13 on my Linux machines):

Edit -> Preferences

Open the "Privacy" tab.

Under "History" select "Use custom settings for history" in the dropdown menu.  Then, select the "Clear history when Firefox closes" option.

IHTH!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.