How to change your Administrative email address!

DenyReality
Contributor
Contributor

If I can save one person from the headache of simply trying to change their $%#^@ Administrative email address without having to scour endless so-called "help" pages and deal with Sarah the customer service dolt-bot, I have earned some karma points.

Man Mad Just
click this **bleep** link!

... no need to wonder how one gets to it. 

$%@^@!!!

Have a swell day.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DanBowkley
New Community Member

Awesome, thanks a bunch!  Of course, it still won't let you use the same address for primary and administrative...which IMHO is retardedly schtoopyd.  Since I use gmail though, I simply have my main gmail address as primary and a subaccount as administrative.  For example, if you're dingbat at gmail dot com, you can use dingbat+paypal at gmail dot com as your admin account.  Then go into gmail and set up a filter so anything sent to dingbat.paypal gets put into a folder called "paypal," and hey presto your life just got easier.  Simple, clean, and it just plain works.

Although the other poster above does have a point, it IS a good idea to have a backup account in case things go haywire.  There's enough scam BS around the web that, well, covering your backside is always a good idea.

Login to Me Too

denibear

You have earned many, many karma points with me. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

cjhepburn
New Community Member

Thank you so very much.... I have been stuck with my old email address for so long I believe the service provider I worked for is dead now.   This should be an obvious like in the profile.

Thank you again for hunting this down,

Best,

Cherie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.