Forcing me to use credit card on ebay

arianbashtar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have been using my debit card to purchase off ebay for a while now.. but for some reason.. when I go to buy something. Paypal forces me to connect to a credit card. I don't have a credit card and If i did I don't want to use it. Anyone know how to fix this? All I want to do is pay by debit on ebay.. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rasungod
New Community Member

some eBay mercahnts require instant payment, debit isn't instant, that's why PayPal is asking for a credit card. If you transfer the money from your bank account to your paypal account before you attempt to make a purchase, then your paypal balance is an instant payment ans it'll work.

Login to Me Too

arianbashtar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks man, I figured out the first part but thanks for letting me know about the paypal balance thing... 

Login to Me Too

samgen
New Community Member

I am having same problem trying to pay from account balance and get the verify credit or debit card. Called PAypal 3 times today about it and still am not able to send a payment from my account. I have a merchant holding an item but he wont do it forever. Come on Paypal let us be able to use our accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.