Withdrawn money to wrong/non-existing bank account

lhdk0206
Contributor
Contributor

Last week, while signing up for PayPal to receive money from a friend of mine, I made an error in the registration process by inputting my "debit card number" as my "bank account number". Without knowing that I've made a crucial mistake, I chose to withdraw the money and transferred it to that bank account, which is non-existing since the bank I use in Vietnam's account number is only 8-digit long instead of the 16-digit one that is on my debit card. It has been a week, there hasn't been any changes in my actual bank account (as it is expected to be), PayPal claimed the process is "Completed" on my dashboard. I have filed a case for help and it's also been a week since. I'm starting to get worried. Where is my money now? Will PayPal help me resolve this? What do I have to do? Or is it just my Bank is taking a little too long to process this error and then report this back to PayPal? Please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lhdk0206

It hopefully should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 14 days and if not contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.