Where has the option to to send money to my paypal account via a bank transfer gone?

Phetven79
Contributor
Contributor

I recently attempted to send some money to my paypal account to add some funds to cover a small negative balance that occurred after an automatic payment that failed because I forgot to put my new debit card on my account. The bank transfer was rejected!

When I asked the bank they said that the sort code and account number isn't recognised.

When you look this up under PayPal's own help section, they still talk about an option under the visible paypal balance on the summary screen to "add funds" which should contain an option to get the paypal bank account details and your reference number to make an instant bank transfer. I had this stored in my bank account as I've used it a lot over the past few years.

That option no longer exists for me, the only option I get is to add funds via a direct debit. All evidence so far points to Paypal actively blocking incoming bank transfers and no longer offering the option to customers to use bank transfer to put funds in their paypal account.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I sent a message to customer services earlier this week, they've yet to reply.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phetven79

Just checked my paypal account and I have both options on there (UK account).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.