Refund

Katy21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I made a mistake when making a pay by putting in wrong address can anyone tell me how long it takes for refund to go back into my account as I Neto make this payment. TIA

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katy21

Could you cancel the transaction OR did the recipient refund you?

Have you had an email to say a refund was issued?

Is it pending or completed in your paypal account?

You need to give us some info, we can't just guess.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Katy21
Contributor
Contributor
I cancelled transaction. I have not received an email but it is showing up in my activity. I am new to this so bare with me . Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katy21

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction or supplied you with and could not accept your payment.

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Katy21
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for replying. Yes I made the mistake on the address and was actually the seller who told me to cancel. Is there any way I could get it hurried along as I need to get this paid . Thanks again
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katy21

Its an automated system between your bank /card > paypal and then back to your bank / card so sadly not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Katy21
Contributor
Contributor
Ah ok . Will have to sit it out so. Thank you for your help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.