Paypal and Revolut

dragster11
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All, it is known that there are many problems in using Revolut accounts and cards with Paypal. I have tried many times to withdraw from Paypal to Revolut and here is a brief overview of my (negative) experience. The problem is still not solved.

1. Linking Revolut iban account to Paypal business account - doen't work at all. Paypal says "incorrect iban" (while it is 100% correct).
  2. Linking Revolut iban account to Paypal personal account - kinda works, but verification fails, and withdrawal fails also ("operation cancelled").
  3. Linking Revolut physical visa card to Paypal account (business or personal) - kinda works, verification successfull, but withdrawal is continiously rejected.
  4. Linking Revolut virtual visa card to Paypal account (business or personal) - even without verification, withdrawal process kinda starts, but then Paypal says it needs to verify the transaction for security reasons and the transaction become suspended.

Stage 4 is the last thing I've tried and still waiting for Paypal to resolve the case. Money which I tried to withdraw ir suspended and i cannot use it.

Noone knows what is the real reason for all this **bleep** fails. Revolut oficially supports sepa operations, as well as it provides valid ibans, so wtf?

Dear all, please report in this topic, if you had same or similar problems, and were lucky to resolve them. Stories of success are very much welcomed )))

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

dragster11
Contributor
Contributor

Update. The last withdrawal attempt Nr.4 was finally approved by Paypal and now "the money are on the way to my card". Let's see if it will arrive.

Login to Me Too

dragster11
Contributor
Contributor

Well, finally good news today! Funds withdrawn from Paypal arrived to Revolut account via unverified virtual VISA card. Exactly 40 euro were withdrawn, from them 36,86 euro arrived. Since the withdrawal fee is 1,50 eur, I guess the rest deduction is a result of double conversion from euro to pounds and back to euros.

Still no clue why unverified virtual VISA card works, but verified physical card doesn't. But at least I could arrange a successfull withdrawal 🙂

Login to Me Too

FAPH
New Community Member

Do you know if it works now? I have the same problem... I linked my virtual card on paypal but I can't send money to Revolut 😞

Login to Me Too

Rescuer55
New Community Member
I’ve been unable to link either physical or virtual Revolut card to my PayPal account Firstly it said billing address was wrong . Spoke to rep who added postal code and said issue was resolved but wait 24 hrs and try again . When I did it told me to check card details When I tried virtual card it again told me to check billing address !! My wife has the same problem with her Revolut card Am being ignored by email and calls not returned as promised Get the feeling PayPal are unofficially blocking the adding of Revolut cards as they are losing out on conversion rates which are much higher on Revolut
Login to Me Too

Patyyy123
Contributor
Contributor
Someone can tell me how I can send funds to Revolut bank account from PayPal ? I want send funds to my friend but when I choose the banks from List there is no Revolut ,is Revolut is under Barclays or LLoyds ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.