Paypal Balance Missing After Denied Transfer

qwarktastic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, hoping someone can answer this since I won't be connected to customer service on the phone for 2-3 hours. 

So earlier today, I tried to transfer around $900 to my newly opened debit card (BoA) from my Paypal Balance. It was declined, so I put a smaller amount of $20 and it went through. I tried again later in the day, around 3:30, to transfer the rest of the balance from my Paypal wallet to my account. It was declined again. I quickly logged out since I was out and about and I had every intention of just coming home and transferring a small amount again. Once I got home and settled around 6pm, I logged into my Paypal again and saw my entire balance has just disappeared. I checked my Activity and it said the transfer was denied. So my question is...where in the world did my $906 go? It can't have just disappeared into thin air. And I received no email from Paypal all day saying the transfer was denied, only that it was processing the $20 transfer from earlier (it went through in 30 minutes), so I'm really perplxed. Any and all help is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jpossible
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me on the exact same day.

I spoke to Paypal after a 2 hour wait that day and they said they were aware of the glitch and would be monitoring it so to wait for 24-48 hours.

Then after that time passed I called again and they said they were aware of the issue and they would send me an email with instructions of what to do which was to file a ticket with their technical support department separately. I'm not sure why they can't do it if they know that people's money literally has disappeared.

I'm scared to try and transfer money at all but yes they're aware of it and you'll have to speak with them.

Login to Me Too

Ishsalas23_
New Community Member
Looks like it’s still happening in 2020 smh For me it was a $105 and a $178 transfer that was in progress and then denied. Along with the money disappearing. Not in my checking or my PayPal. SOLUTION: It would be better just to get the PAYPAL DEBIT Card and use it regularly or to even withdraw money from the card itself and manually deposit into whichever other desired accounts.
Login to Me Too

shawtyrama
my money is gone after trying to transfer it to credit card and it was denied but the money is gone
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.