Payment on hold despite proof of delivery and customer satisfaction.

Reverend2100
New Community Member

So I sold an iPhone on eBay.  I've sold a ton of things on eBay over the years and much of it has been high value (like, over £300).  I also use PayPal all the time to buy things.

Anyway so I sold this iPhone, and the buyer pays immediately.

PayPal sends me an email saying payment on hold do to low activity (!?).

I grit my teeth - it's nothing personal, but it's an obvious interest grab - 3 weeks sitting on my money gets them some interest.  Do that to a few million customers and that adds up very nicely.

So anyway PayPal says if I can upload a Tracking Number (I did) and this shows as delivered (it doesn't, the customer collected from the Post Office, but the tracking service does say that) and the customer marks the item as delivered through eBay (Buyer has said they have, and have left good feedback), then PayPal would let me have my money straight away (they didn't).

Almost 10 days later, I still haven't had my funds released, and PayPal have IGNORED my emails to ask why.

Honestly I'm totally disgusted by this treatment - especially since I was charged almost £20 for the transaction. Why am I paying PayPal £20 when they give NO service, and sit on my money for 3 weeks with no reason!?  I'm done with PayPal, and as a web developer I'll definitely by making sure all my clients don't use PayPal either.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.