PAYPAL TRANSFER COMPLETED STILL NOT IN MY BANK

EdCas
Contributor
Contributor
I transferred my funds to my BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) on July 1st and received a Transfer Complete notification the next day. Waited 7 business days, but funds are still not reflecting on my bank account. The tracing was done on July 12 and still have not received my funds. PayPal gave me a Reference Number to check with my bank but my bank said that number is not found in their records. Their remittance department / authorization team does not see a floating or pending status under my name and bank account number. I have been calling PayPal to ask for a document to present to my bank showing that the transfer was indeed completed but PayPal Support they don't provide documents but only the Reference Number. I already told them that my bank cannot find that Reference Number and so it is not helpful. I already presented to PayPal my bank's statement of account but they still insist that the money is no loner with them and that there's nothing more to do. 'It is out of our hands. Ask your bank where your money is' as the PayPal rep told me. I am so tired of calling, emailing PayPal and BPI and not getting any positive result. I have been transferring money to the same bank acvount with no problem for more than a year. No changes are made to my PayPal account too. I used to withdraw funds every week but this time, it was changed to bi-weekly. This is the 1st bi-weekly withdrawal. My account wasn't used for 2 weeks and the amount of money I was trying to transfer also doubled from what I used to transfer weekly. Can anyone please help me? I am totally lost and feeling hopeless. I need this money to enrol my child. School year starts Aug 6, 2019 so I'm really hoping to have this issue resolved ASAP.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said it worked before?

without understanding how the banking system work in your country,I am afraid no one here can help you.

All you can do is to go back to your bank and ask for more details,show them it works in the past and what changes??  

Login to Me Too

EdCas
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I didn't have any problem transferring to my bank before. I spoke with my bank and gave them the Reference Number that Paypal gave me. But my bank said that number is not found in their records. Aside from the Reference Number, is there any other proof or document I can get from Paypal which I can show to my bank?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

I recommend reaching out to PayPal directly for further assistance with this. The contact information can be found under the Help/Contact tab at the bottom of the PayPal website or they can be reached on Facebook and Twitter.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I would go to the bank and show them history of past transfers from PAYPAL and ask  if the bank has made some changes of how they receive incoming payments?

smaller banks in this country which are not members of the Federal Reserve System,clear thru bank which is a member.

Talk to someone who is in the clearance dept,not just someone in the lobby.

Besides reference number,there are other data,like the amount,the name of the bank(s) which sent the amount  ,date,your name,your account number??

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

when a business (bank or accounts receivable of a company)does not know whom to credit for any incoming payment,it would end up in a suspense account and someone is assigned to look into it.

Banks do made mistake ,it could be a person or the computer,once Bank of America sent my payment to an Austrian company to its own branch in London?   

It was their computer somehow transposing some number,they found it and corrected the mistake and my vendor received the money. 

You need to talk to someone in your bank who works in INTL dept,if you cane get more information from Paypal,it would help,which bank did Paypal use?when did it send the payment?there has to be more than just the reference number.

Paypal is not a bank,it is Paypal's bank where your money is kept sent the money to PH.   

Login to Me Too

sljames18
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing is happening to me. 8/16 did a transfer from paypal to my bank and as of today it has not posted. I have called my bank and paypal so many times and they keep pointing the finger at each other, and I am left with zero. Paypal has stated nothing they can do as if they won’t evan try to help just keep telling me the same thing contact your bank and my bank keeps telling me to contact paypal, it’s been almost two weeks.
Login to Me Too

iszmaeL_08
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can somebody please help me? I transferred money from Paypal to my BDO Bank account, the transferred was completed and it's been 7 business days already but it's not reflecting on my Bank account. I already emailed paypal and even went to my bank but bank confirmed that there's no recent transaction from paypal up until now. I don't know what to do. Where is my money? I tried calling paypal but my phone credits only took me 4 minutes before it cut off, I didn't even got the chance to speak with someone cause they have this long voice recordings and all that, so I pretty much wasted my credits for nothing. I really need help. 

Login to Me Too

RenzCarlos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello have you get your money back ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.