Money refund

ddbrany
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, dear community,

so recently I have been selling this virtual money (in a computer game) and everything went smooth, was my second trade with this guy but suddenly after recieving money and transferring to my bank account I saw that he has requested for chargeback, my paypal balance went negative and now I have money but also negative PayPal account.

It looks like the guy`s chargeback has been declined as he has no right to claim money that are already mine after I delivered what I promised, but my PP balance remains negative.

I need to use the money, that is why I was selling the virtual money and I am afraid to use it, because I might have to return it to PayPal?

I tried to call PayPal, also wrote an e-mail but I am left with no response so far. What would you do in this situation? I obviously have right to claim the money and I did, I have 100% positive credit score during decade on PayPal (this is my first chargeback experience) and now I am left with a negative balance on PayPal and I do not know what to do.

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ddbrany 

Sadly you have no paypal seller protection against chargebacks or unauthorised transactions for 'virtual' items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ddbrany
Contributor
Contributor

Well, according to what that scammer has told me, he said his refund was cancelled, also he has attached a screen that said "Transaction not refunded - we have been unable to provide any refund on this transaction."

Also on his ticket it says that the matter is now closed. So I am not sure if I get to keep my money and I am just waiting for PayPal to refresh my balance to what it is supposed to be, or what is happening.

Do you have previous experience?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.