Cannot withdraw money

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold some items on ebay and and the money was sent to PayPal. It is showing as available but on trying to transfer it to my visa debit card there was a message that my bank may not yet be allowing transfers. My bank says there should be no problem, and PayPal has already requested and replaced £1 as they seem to do. I tried adding my bank account details but it won't even let me do that. The PayPal text and phone contacts are useless because they only seem to be preprogrammed with certain answers and I can't actually talk to or email an actual person. Any advice? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I actually managed to get through to a person and we have managed to get my bank account on Paypal. apparently the system was flagging up a risk but I was getting no messages to this affect. The operator who helped my also wasn't clear what the risk was but was very helpful and solved the problem. I appreciate that paypal needs to have security, but clearer communication would make the process less stressful. Thank you for your earlier reply, by the way.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GeoffC1 

You can't withdraw to a card in the UK, only to a linked and confirmed bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-my-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq686...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

As I already said, PayPal will not allow me to add my bank account even though my bank has no problem with this. Read the question before replying

Login to Me Too

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

See my previous reply, PayPal will not allow me to add my bank account

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @GeoffC1,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

The information kernowlass has provided in relation has provided in relation to adding a bank is correct. If this is not working for you I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team. We do have chat and email options but for something like this it is best to give us a call. On the phone we can try adding the bank account for you. You will find our phone number by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of the PayPal page and then choose Call Us. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

As I have already stated kernowlass clearly didnt bother reading my whole message. Over the last three days I have used your process to add my bank account but keep getting told to try later. I have tried both your chat and automated telephone service but since my query didnt relate to whatever responses they have they didnt work. I have messaged customer services and sent an email. I was told three hours ago that someone would be in touch but I heard nothing. I will try the telephone again but don't hold out much hope. Why can someone not just call or email me direct? So far very shoddy service and poor advice.

Login to Me Too
Solved

GeoffC1
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I actually managed to get through to a person and we have managed to get my bank account on Paypal. apparently the system was flagging up a risk but I was getting no messages to this affect. The operator who helped my also wasn't clear what the risk was but was very helpful and solved the problem. I appreciate that paypal needs to have security, but clearer communication would make the process less stressful. Thank you for your earlier reply, by the way.

Login to Me Too

badron10
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal,
I have been a customer of yours for a very long time, I put a nickname on my paypal account because I did not know that you have to put the real name, suddenly you blocked my account for 6 months. I was patient while waiting for the end of the 6 months after I contacted you to withdraw my money and each time you tell me that the problem will be solved when I do not have the possibility of withdrawing my money. It's been a year now, I lost my money by calling you by phone every day, you leave me in the line of waiting.
Now I'm not going to call you, because I'm with my lawyer who will defend me and prosecute legally in the US and you will also pay for my time lost.
cordially

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@badron10 As you have no documentation that proves the name on that document matches the name on your PayPal account then unlikely you can withdraw the funds. The funds belong to the person named on the account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.