Cannot move money from PayPal to PayPal Prepaid

feliciamr89
Contributor
Contributor

For three days I have been trying to transfer money I have in my PayPal account to my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard that is connected.  I was able to send $100 one day, but then a few days later when I treid to send $300 it won't work.  No amount will work.  I keep getting a message that says, "Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.  If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."  When I call they tell me to wait a while and try again, but it's going on three days now and it still will not work.  When I log into my prepaid card it reads:  Transfer money instantly from your PayPal Account ($300.00) to your PayPal Prepaid Mastercard ($5.35).  Then it shows PayPal Account balance: $300.00, but for whatever reason it won't let me get to it.  I'm very frustrated that I cannot get an answer or a resolution.  

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

C_money
I can't find the seller tools on the summary page.
Login to Me Too

Dawion313
New Community Member
I’m having the same problem it been a week! How can I fix it?
Login to Me Too

Nsams
Contributor
Contributor
Was this ever resolved? I am having same problem my mom sent me money to come home for my dads funeral which was yesterday and thanks to paypal keeping my money i missed my dads funeral so here i am trying to get my money days later and still i cant get my money. I cant even order anything online as i tried and tried to get a walmart gift card cause at least that would get me gas to get home. Ive called several times to paypal and paypal prepaid and they both blame eachother was told i had to wait 24 hours 2 try again which i did and here i am still with no money and broken because i missed dads funeral. If this is not fixed by tomorrow im ready to blast them on every social media and every blog i can find and i know theyve got a class action lawsuit already on another issue by the looks of it this is a problem with many. If i had a bank or checking account i wouldnt need paypal! I tried contacting customer service through email and even that dont work or they make it way too complicated. Im thinking missing a funeral qualifies me for some kind of damages pain and suffering. But im willing to let all that go if they just give me my petty 100 dollars and call it a day never to use paypal again thats for sure... And i tried the api setting thing mentioned again getting excited thinking i finally got somewhere but no that too did not work. Somebody help me please! I have to get to my family and dont have time to wait for a paper check especially now that ive wasted so much time taking the steps their customer aervice told me to take and each time they didnt work it would be a different excuse as to why it wouldnt work. I need answers i cant believe this. Was even told by agent after i tell her i have to get to my dads funeral that i should be happy because paypal is protecting my money... The only person theyre protecting my money from is me!
Login to Me Too

katherinesmith
Contributor
Contributor

what they are actually doing in my opinion is controlling your money. major banks protect a persons money without denying access to it I cancelled my pay pal card and got a prepaid card through my local bank, I can load it through my bank account. it is good in all 50 states and it  is 5.00 a month. the name of the bank is Regiions  bank   I also have a debit card which is free in case I do not have enough funds on my prepaid you do not need pay pal they need you and all their other customers in order to stay in business they need to stop acting as if it were their money

Login to Me Too

Sweetmillieg
Contributor
Contributor
This is an ongoing problem that Paypal Prepaid must focus their attention to. I have had the exact experience and response from PayPal Prepaid as well and it seems that they have not placed this ticket item as urgent. I implore paypal prepaid to update your auto responses that are provided to your CSR team and advise that there MUST be an escalation process to this issue. This is not a multiple failed attempts issue nor is it a browser issue or any other issue as it relates to anyone's phone or computer. This is a technical issue that comes directly from PayPal Prepaid's system. I get this problem every 6 months and it is very frustrating and time consuming. ***My only solution for all those who are dealing with this ignored issue by PPPP is to log into your PayPal Account, on your summary page there will be an option to TRANSFER MONEY. Select that option, please note...this ONLY works if your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard has been linked to your PayPal account ALSO there will be a 1% fee deducted for this service for an instant transfer...a $10 Minimum transfer amount is required (as for this 1% fee, I personally believe...with this current issue we are dealing with...just another way for PayPal to fleece more MONEY from us by taking advantage of our inability to transfer funds for free which is going through the PayPal Prepaid Move Money option...shame on you paypal). Follow the prompts to transfer funds and the money will be transfer almost immediately onto your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard.
Login to Me Too

Lolli88
Contributor
Contributor
What it is is that when transferring to your own pay pal prepaid card they make no $$ but if you transfer it to yourself where you link a card they get 1% 😉 it's all about the GREEN always has been always will be. The hold your money hostage forcing you to pay those fees. Until we ALL stop they will never stop.
Login to Me Too

TexasPatriot
New Community Member

I activated  3 other prepaid cards today within 10 minutes of each other paypal-prepaid is the only one I have a problem with, why not make it simple and have a special button to reload from paypal account to paypal-prepaid? I have had it with these ignorant stooges and am cancelling the paypal card.

Login to Me Too

kaymari0112
I'm having the issue where it says there is money in my paypal account but when I try to transfer it to my paypal prepaid card it says unable to do money transfer when its says there is 35.00 in it..
Login to Me Too

Machine-man
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact problem as you all...sure wish i read this b4 getting the card! no wonder i felt like a broken record when repeatedly talking to Customer (lack of) support! No resolution and No escalation is inexcusable, suspicious activity is definitely not the issue here as it happened on my very 1st try and both ends as mentioned point the finger at each other...

Login to Me Too

NWHmoob

Looks like I'm not the only one with issues. I ended up canceling the card. Remember this is a "Prepaid" card and it shouldn't be this hard to transfer funds from you PP account into this. This isn't some off the wall unknown internet prepaid card, it's got PP name all over it and if there is this much issue with a simple transfer than there is obviously something very wrong with this card or how this card interacts with PP. Not worth the headache or risk. Card canceled immediately after 1 day of receiving it. Not worth risking my money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.