can't withdraw money using a visa card

medB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I'm facing a problem withdrawing money from PayPal using a visa card. I linked a visa card on the purpose of using it to withdraw money and I have seen tutorials of people doing the same, although when I try to withdraw money they don't give me the option of using the visa card for withdrawing, instead they keep asking me to add a bank account and I can't do that.

If you guys can help me a would appreciate it.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@medB 

Don't think you can withdraw funds to a card in France, only to a linked bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/article/comment-transf%C3%A9rer-de-l'argent-sur-mon-compte-banca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

medB
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass thanks for the replay!!

The thing is I don't have a bank account that is acceptable by PayPal, that is why I tried the visa card. I have seen videos where people from morocco use the same card and it worked. But all of them use a personal account i have a business account, maybe that's why it's not working.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@medB 

Yes but you don't have a Moroccan Paypal account do you?

You have a French Paypal account???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

medB
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's a Moroccan account because my address is my real address in Morocco. 

How would I verify?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@medB 

Well its not Moroccan is it?

Look top left of link.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/12900541

User medB: France Business Account

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

medB
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Yep, it says France. How would i change it to a moroccan account ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@medB 

You would need to close that one down if you can do so, removing any linked cards or bank accounts and cancelling any subscriptions etc and then open a new account registered in your own country.

Go to paypal and click on 'register' and then select your correct country from the drop down list.

If you leave it 72 hours after closing the incorrect one you should be able to re-use the email address.

However not sure what you can do about the funds in your paypal balance as you would not be able to close the account with an active balance, you could try opening your new paypal account first but with another email address and see if you can 'send' the funds to your new account or spend them and if not contact customer services to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

medB
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Yeah that's what i found out too, i have to close this one first. My only concern is the credit cards, i'm not sure i can reuse them. I tried linking a card i have in this account to an other one after removing it from this account and paypal wouldn't allow it. I'm not sure if that's the case if i used the same email.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@medB 

The billing address of the card has to match the shipping address on your paypal account and that has to be in the country you reside in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.