Can't add money to PayPal from bank account while everything is verified

Vlad7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to add money form bank account and always get error
message "there was a problem adding funds to your balance".

I tried hundred times already.
My bank account is verified, I also tried removing it and adding again, also checked account and routing numbers - all correct.
Already called to paypal customer service, even asked to talk to manager, and they claim that transaction was rejected by bank, which is not true - the transaction doesn't even reach the bank.
I called 3 times to my bank, and there's NO ATTEMPT TO EVEN MAKE A TRANSACTION from paypal.
I asked to paypal rep to escalate this issue weeks ago, and never heard back.

Paypal rep didn't even want to tell whats the issue, saying smth like 'I cannot tell due to security'.
There are lots of people complaining about the same issue for years.
When adding money from bank account will be fixed???
My balance somehow got negative even though paypal have both my card and account information, and now there's no way to add money to account!
Unless paypal resolves this soon, I will have to contact BBB.
Thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Vlad7
Contributor
Contributor

The amount I'm trying to add is only 50$.

I have negative balance, therefore "you don't need to add money to make purchase" won't work for me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vlad7

If you have a negative balance / failed bank transfer then often that option is removed from allowing you to pay with it.

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vlad7
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

If you have a negative balance / failed bank transfer then often that option is removed from allowing you to pay with it.

Thank you for your reply. This option not removed at least for now. It just doesn't work properly

> 3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Is there a charge for this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vlad7

Not in my country but not sure about yours.

Also the bank account option would still show but as you said 'would not work properly'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vlad7
Contributor
Contributor

Send email to Paypal. This is the answer:

====================================

Thanks for contacting us. Based on your selection, we’re sending you this automated response that explains how to add money to your PayPal balance. 

If these do not answer your question, please reply to this email and our customer service team will be happy to assist you.

A. How do I add money to my PayPal account?

===========================

Awesome service Paypal! Will try to avoid this payment system in future as much as possible.

Here's another thread about same issue, hope it will help to smbd (started in 2016, ended in 2018):

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/Can-t-add-money-to-PayPal-account-from-bank-accou...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vlad7

So i advised you to clear the neg balance by getting a mate to send you the funds OR phoning customer services.

You do neither and email them instead, not surprised it didn't work to be honest.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vlad7
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Vlad7

So i advised you to clear the neg balance by getting a mate to send you the funds OR phoning customer services.

You do neither and email them instead, not surprised it didn't work to be honest.

I don't have anybody with paypal account to ask for such a thing.

Calling them often takes forever, and I don't like saying my credit card data over the phone (think this is insecure), but it will work as a last chance solution.

There's an option to use a card on website, but it says that it will be charged as 'advanced cash', which may result in a large comission.

When you pay by phone do you use credit or debit card?

Paypal must address the issue in any case. Its not a customer job trying to find a workarounds.

Thank you anyway for your help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.