Adding funds via bank account in New Zealand

Enjoybeing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am not having any luck trying to add funds to paypal from a bank account. Is it possible in New Zealand?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enjoybeing wrote:

Hi, I am not having any luck trying to add funds to paypal from a bank account. Is it possible in New Zealand?

Don't need to add funds. Just select bank as your payment method as you checkout or make payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Enjoybeing
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, okay thanks I will give it a try sharpiemarker!

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@Enjoybeing wrote:

Don't need to add funds. Just select bank as your payment method as you checkout or make payment.

Login to Me Too

Enjoybeing
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried this, sending money to family or friend using their email and it asked me to add funding source, with options being only the credit card. I don't have a credit card. The options, in my wallet dont really correspond to the options given in the help section. Such as, there is no Add Funds button, and the one on the top bar takes me to the paypal homepage from what I can see.

Is my bank account confirmed automatically or do I need to do something else other than entering the details? I read something about reciting deposits as proof or such.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Login to Me Too

gruenz
New Community Member

Pay Pal despite many misleading discussions in 2019 still does NOT support getting money from NZ bank accounts so all people in NZ who want to send money to the overseas have to pay their 3.4% extra credit card fee making Pay Pal only good to receive payments from overseas. You need to find other companies to send money overseas from New Zealand. NZ is too small for Pay Pal to support it to send money overseas it seems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.