withdarawing from limited payapl

oduor
Contributor
Contributor

my account got limited more than six months ago.last month i received an email from paypal informing me that  my funds were eligible for withdrawal.However when i contacted paypal support to help me on how i could withdraw my funds they keep sending me automated emails which do not answer my question.i have tried withdrawing through an mpesa account i linked to the paypal account but i get an error.kindly how can i withdraw the funds

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oduor

I don't think you can withdraw funds in your country UNLESS you have a U.S bank account (this option is there because U.S expats have the option to add their bank account to most other countries paypal accounts).

You can only 'spend' funds from that paypal balance (unless its limited).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @oduor,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into difficulty withdrawing the funds from your account following notification that the funds are available to be withdrawn. The information that @kernowlass is mostly correct, if looking at traditional withdrawal methods. There are the added options only in Kenya of using the services of M-PESA or Equity Bank to transfer funds out of a PayPal account. If unable to get those to work, customer service assistance would be needed. I understand that you've attempted to obtain help through email. I'm sorry that hasn't been successful. Have you tried the other options of phone, Twitter, or Facebook? They should be able to look into why there's a miscommunication via email and also help resolve the withdrawal situation.

I hope this gets resolved swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.