unable to buy crypto with linked bank account

reneesmith
New Community Member

I have recently added and linked a checking account and am unable to buy crypto with the account that I have linked unless it is below $1k.  When it is over $1k it will not list my checking account in the drop down menu to purchase the crypto.  My checking has more than enough funds to cover the amount I am trying to purchase (which is less than $20k). Does anyone know why?  Paypal has TERRIBLE customer service, I have been unable to contact anyone on the phone as well as their message center.  Please help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

alterspaces
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem, I called customer service twice. 1st time they wouldn't give me a straight answer. 2nd time the representative actually tried pretty hard to find out what was going on and in the end he believes it to be a glitch. Hopefully this bug will be worked out in the future.

My situation: if I try to purchase, say $500 ethereum, none of my linked bank accts show up as payment options, even though they have sufficient funds and are confirmed. I may purchase the $500 eth if I use my paypal balance. I actually found the exact number I can purchase with my linked accts - $272. Strange number, but if I want to purchase $272 or lower btc, bch, eth, ltc, both my linked bank accts show up! The crazy thing is that on Jan 19, 2021 when it stopped working, I was actually able to purchase $500 ltc, and then 5 minutes later I tried to purchase $500 eth and the problem arose. One week prior, I was able to make $3000 in crypto purchases just fine with NO problems (besides the stupid transaction fee of course), so I was shocked when I was not allowed to make the second purchase last night Jan 19 even though the first one went through.

Login to Me Too

Bentley5
New Community Member

I am having the same problem, when I try to purchase Bitcoin. I was able to purchase 10K but then it would not allow but to purchase 500.00 at a time, then, it went down to 100.00.  Now can’t purchase any, stating to link account?? How do we get this problem corrected?

Login to Me Too

alterspaces
Contributor
Contributor

as an update to my post above, the problem resolved itself after about a week. Suddenly I was able to buy again. Weird... so I guess it really was just a glitch.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.