sent money to the wrong bank account. need a refund

robertg10
New Community Member

i tried sending money to my checking account but i didnt receive any of the money. im guessing i sent it to the wrong account. is there  any way i can get a refund? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robertg10

If that bank account was closed then it should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 30 days and if no show phone customer services for a trace.

Other than that contact your bank and see if they can recover the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robertg10

If that bank account was closed then it should bounce back to your paypal balance, allow 30 days and if no show phone customer services for a trace.

Other than that contact your bank and see if they can recover the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KhiemTran
New Community Member

I also face similar issue. Waiting Paypal team to support. I

Login to Me Too

Monicaph28
Contributor
Contributor
Did u got your money back? I im same situation 😞
Login to Me Too

gimedamic
Contributor
Contributor

@Monicaph28  Hi! did you solved this problem? Having the same situation here. BDO account

Login to Me Too

Monicaph28
Contributor
Contributor
no and it's been 19days. They will file to trace my money this friday. Try email them or message them on messager facebook
Login to Me Too

gimedamic
Contributor
Contributor

Can I message you in facebook also? What's your account name?

Login to Me Too

alxxncl
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Have you solved this problem? I wonder if you got your money back. i am facing the same situation right now and I have no ide la what should I do.
Login to Me Too

Monicaph28
Contributor
Contributor
Monica Fama
Login to Me Too

svet_2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, similar situation here. But the difference is that Ive chosen a different bank name where the money will be transferred. Money is already gone from my paypal acct..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.