no card or social security number

Sc0rps
New Community Member
Hello, someone sent me $20 but i didn’t get a notification and when i get them i can’t pay with it cause i dont have a card and i also don’t have a social security number.. how do i use the money that is going to be on my balance...
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sc0rps 

Do you have a bank account under your name to link to PayPal to withdraw to? If you do not have SSN, to give to PayPal, you won't be able to hold funds in PayPal account and pay with it. It has to be withdrawn to your bank account or eligible debit card (that is generally associated to your bank account).

If the funds are not claimed, then it goes back automatically to the sender after 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WTF12345
New Community Member

So let me get this straight, even if you have a verified account that you use to sell things on eBay, in order to keep money in your PayPal balance to use for whatever (instead of sending right to your bank account), you have to provide your social security number OR TAX ID number now? Keep in mind, I've had and used my VERIFIED account for over a decade now. I'm not providing my SS number to Paypal so it can get stolen in a data breach. In the past, money you received just went to your balance and you could use your balance to pay for stuff first before using your bank account. This is ridiculous. I use PayPal to lend my buddy money sometimes and he pays me back in here. I'll tell everybody what this is really about: they want your SS or Tax ID number so that you'll get taxed AGAIN on anything you receive in here. I'm not paying taxes on money a friend pays me back after I lend it to him. And, in most states, we already pay sales tax in the first place when we buy something in eBay or Amazon Marketplace. Right off the top. I'm not paying taxes again if I get a fricking refund on something or somebody owes me money. What the heck gives here? I can't be the only one angered by this. I guess I'll just use this for eBay etc because THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE for that, and use a CASH sending APP or Apple Pay or something between friends. What a joke.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.