money transfers delined

mauricepenna
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to transfer money from my paypal balance to my confirmed bank account, and I keep getting an error message " Things don't appear to be working right now. Try again later.  I have tried to make the same transfer several times in the last few days, I called and talked to their support agent and she couldn't do anything. She just told me that it was security related but she cannot clear the issue. She told me to keep trying and it may go through.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kevroo
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue. I was told on a chat that it's either from multiple attempts (which did not happen) or other security reasons they "cannot talk about".  I have a personal PayPal account I created separate from my business account. I created my (personal) account a couple years ago & have simply never used it. I created it as to not mix whatever personal items I sell from by business. My close friend purchased a tube amplifier bass head from me & we both have had problems (paying & receiving). I completely understand these companies vetting people but once the information is provided & all cleared, a person should be able to retrieve their money. My problem differs in the fact I've waited submitted all the proper information & have already waited for the requested time frame to transfer. It would appear we're receiving conflicting info from PayPal rep's as mine told me multiple attempts will cue a hold. Per what I was told, it might be better to wait 72 hours & then try your transfer.

Good luck!

-K-

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Kevroo
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue. I was told on a chat that it's either from multiple attempts (which did not happen) or other security reasons they "cannot talk about".  I have a personal PayPal account I created separate from my business account. I created my (personal) account a couple years ago & have simply never used it. I created it as to not mix whatever personal items I sell from by business. My close friend purchased a tube amplifier bass head from me & we both have had problems (paying & receiving). I completely understand these companies vetting people but once the information is provided & all cleared, a person should be able to retrieve their money. My problem differs in the fact I've waited submitted all the proper information & have already waited for the requested time frame to transfer. It would appear we're receiving conflicting info from PayPal rep's as mine told me multiple attempts will cue a hold. Per what I was told, it might be better to wait 72 hours & then try your transfer.

Good luck!

-K-

Login to Me Too

mauricepenna
Contributor
Contributor

After several attempts of transferring, I called got the rep, they told me it was a security issue, I had already passed the confirmed bank account, the security numbers sent to my cell phone, making me change my password verifying who I was several times, only to be told its a security issue and that cannot be fixed or bypassed.  I was told keep trying transfers in different amounts until it goes through, at which time I pointed out the obvious if you keep trying and it keeps getting denied, its going to make the security think there is a bogus transaction.  I was then told she couldn't help me with getting this cleared up.  I asked for a supervisor and was told NO ONE could fix this issue. I hung up.  After lunch we called back again and got a different person on the other end and they said try to make the transfer now.. I tried while they were on the phone and it went through.  Evidently some one there can clear up a security issue.  The transfer has gone through and I am finished with this issue.

Login to Me Too

mtnmedic
Contributor
Contributor

This is SO full of crap. 

Here's the deal: two weeks ago I attempted to transfer money from my PP account to my CapitalOne bank account. Got this "Things don't appear to be working right now" message. Tried a few more times that day and gave up.

Fast forward to now, I lost my PP debit card and I need my money on the road tomorrow so I thought I'd try again and transfer the money to my CapitalOne account because I have that card on hand. Nope. Got the SAME error. I can't afford to wait 72 hours NOW. I haven't made a request for TWO weeks since the last time I attempted and it STILL happens. BS.

I STRONGLY believe PP is earning money on having my money sitting there and these greedy **bleep** won't let me transfer any of my money because, well, they want to keep earning money using MY MONEY. I think EVERYONE should be shouting at these **bleep**. This "things don't appear to be working right now" is PURE BS. All of you were getting it and look how much trouble you have to go through only to get BS answers and that you're being told nobody can do anything about it. Well, why the hell have that feature in the FIRST place if it never works? It's all a LIE. If anyone's doing any class action I'd like to get on board.

Login to Me Too

Lcorrene2
New Community Member
I have written numerous emails, same reply and does not help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.