i can't send

Carlosavboss
New Community Member

I received 100USD yesterday at 9 pm and i can't send 18 euros. Money aren't illegal or something. I am new to paypal and i don't know the rules here. So why can't I send ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carlosavboss 

Probably because the funds in your balance are in USD and you want to send Euros.

Paypal only automatically converts currencies during the payment process funded from a bank account or card.

If you have funds in your balance then you would have to convert them first via your paypal wallet > currency conversion (but their rates are not that good), so best to spend it in the same currency that you have in your balance (if you have sellers that accept that currency).

You would also need to mark the currency you want to use ie euros (if you convert the USD) as your primary currency, if it is not already AND then do this.........

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.