Why conversion?

czechVip
New Community Member

Why PP is trying to use conversion from CZ currency to US$ if my registered CC is in US$, so is my bank account that the CC is link to. It's kind of ridiculous.

I just find out today, when I try to pay for some item in US$. Am I missing something 😉 ?

Thanks in advance for some logical answers.

George

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@czechVip wrote:

Why PP is trying to use conversion from CZ currency to US$ if my registered CC is in US$, so is my bank account that the CC is link to. It's kind of ridiculous.

I just find out today, when I try to pay for some item in US$. Am I missing something 😉 ?

George

Maybe this setting has something to do with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@czechVip wrote:

George

Maybe this setting has something to do with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

czechVip
New Community Member

Yes, I find the setting.

Thank YOU

Login to Me Too

vkrasov

The problem with the setting, it gets reversed to PP conversion every now and then.

Payment screen often has its own choice of conversion options, but you may not trust it either:

I have multiple incidents when PP defaulted to own conversion despite my selection, the only proof I have is screenshots.

Email and online  history shows payment with conversion option.

CSRs are completely out of this world, claiming it all depends on vendor's accepted currencies.

Like neither me nor Paypal controls the conversion, but it's the vendor who forces it on poor Paypal 😄

Since customary credit card fee is 2.5% on top of Visa/MC/Amex exchange rates, Paypal is an evil grab for money with its 3% convenience fee.

Login to Me Too

yrnkrn
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.