Why are some of my withdrawals pending?

tarldn
Contributor
Contributor

I set up a personal paypal account last week, I have it verified and my bank account is connected, I can't add my card as it's connected to my business account though. 

I withdrew some money before and it was instant, then the next one was pending. Today I withdrew £1 and it completed straight away then I withdrew £5 and it's pending for 24 hours, why is this? I withdrew small amounts as I wanted to check.

I have verified my account with my bank also. 

Another thing is why can't I send money to my business account from my paypal balance but I can send money from my business account to my personal one?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tarldn

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tarldn
Contributor
Contributor

I am aware of this but I would like to know why they are being held, I am only withdrawing small amounts and don't have a high amount in my balance, I haven't made any changes either and only withdraw from the app. 

It said for security reasons which is why I'm confused as my account is verified and for over a week but withdrawals are still pending on and off..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tarldn

No idea, it varies a lot, sometimes mine are instant, sometimes a few hours, sometimes 24 hours and occasionally 72 hours.

Guess it depends on when customer services get around to processing them in 'batches'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.