Waiting a week now

Ch1k3n
Contributor
Contributor

So as an update I have been fighting tooth and nail with PayPal. On Tuesday(my pay day for work) I went to withdraw the money into the same account I always withdrawn to and it went under review. Note: this was on Tuesday last week. Which would be January 6th 2021. So, after waiting 24 hours like I normally would with the security team I attempted a second withdraw. Failed again. I called the representatives at 8ish, and asked to speak to a supervisor, then in which time I was placed on hold for approximately 3 hours before someone actually answered me. Then following that conversation with a supervisor they had stated, “It will work on Friday” now this would give me 3 days of wait time for me to withdraw so I waited . And then I attempted again with no luck once again. Then after this I went back to making another call. This was when the representative said that everything is clear and ready to be withdrawn. After which she also stated that I must wait one hour before I withdraw. So this was at 1pm Friday afternoon. So I wait till 2 to attempt for the 4th time to withdraw the money. No luck. It took me another 4 hours to reach another representative only for him to be extremely rude and dumb about me telling him that I was told and guaranteed that it will work after an hour. He then proceeds to claim that I must wait 72 hours. At which point I am 3 days lapsed now 6 days lapsed on my insurance because of PayPal wouldn’t letting me withdraw my money that I worked for. Then yesterday (72 hours later) I attempt again to withdraw my money with it failing for the 5th **bleep** time. Now, it’s one week, and PayPal has been extremely inadequate to help out in any way. It seems they all have the same excuse “There was a security issue with your withdraw” What do I do? I have to pay my rent and my bills all of which got shut off because of this whole issue right now. And before you ask. No there was no changes done to my account, or failed login attempts. The only change I was told to do was to change my password which I did while on the phone with someone who “helped”. Any legal advice? As I have looked this up and it is illegal for them to withhold my money without any specific reason.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ch1k3n 

Try....

Another browser?

Clear your cache/history?

Another device?

Withdrawing via the app instead?

Withdrawing to a debit card instead of a bank account or vice versa.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.