WHY DID THEY JUST DO THIS TO ME ,I LOST £115

MelHicking2018
Contributor
Contributor
WHY DID THEY JUST DO THIS TO ME ,I LOST £115

I HAVE BEEN SELLING PRODUCT FOR NEARLY A MONTH NOW ON EBAY, AND TODAY I SOLD AN ITEM FOR £99, WITH NO PROBLEMS... THEN I SOLD ANOTHER ITEM FOR £16, THEN I SOLD ANOTHER FOR £115, AND PAYPAL PUT MY BUYERS MONEY ON HOLD....SO IV REFUNDED THE BUYER, TOOK NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND LOST OUT ON PROFITS... WHY DID PAYCRAP DO THIS TO ME PLEASE SOME 1 EXPLAIN WHY I PAY FEE'S FOR THIS..

ALSO SUCH PROBLEMS WILL HAVE DIRECT EFFECT ON OTHER CUSTOMERS IN THE LONG RUN IF PAYPAL CARRY ON DOING THIS, THE PROFITS I LOOSE, WILL LEAD TO OTHER CUSTOMERS LOOSING OUT FOR NUMEROUS REASONS EVENTUALLY , BUT DOES PAYPAL CONSIDER ANY OF THIS.

THANKS.

A NOT SO HAPPY MEL.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

producer_ben
Contributor
Contributor

In my expereince, the only reason PayPal have held a customer's payment is if they're are being fraudulent in some way. Be it it on your transaction on via another customer.

It isn't up to you to refund the customer if they paid by PayPal, no matter how much abuse the scammer throws, it is up to PayPal to action the refund.  This is most unfortunate and I do hope you can get this resolved with PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@producer_ben

Sorry but that is rubbish.

@MelHicking2018

Sounds like the 'new seller hold' read this..................

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.