Transferred money to my bank from PayPal, but bank refunded money back to PayPal?

Okrug
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Last week I have transferred some of my money from PayPal account to my Bank, but yesterday I have received a transaction from my bank that stated that they have refunded the last week's transaction back.

I have been transferring money to my bank many times before, but this is the first time I am seeing something like that. I can still use my bank products as usual, so I don't think this is the problem on the bank's side. Can someone explain what can be the reason for such a refund? Is it something that I should be worried about, or this just might be a glitch in the system?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Okrug

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with a transfer you have initiated. Usually if a withdrawal is reversed back to your PayPal account, that means the bank will not accept it. I would suggest reaching out to your bank to see if they are able to give you the reason they have decided to not accept your transfer. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Okrug
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Brooke ,

Thanks for the reply! I have received an email from PayPal a few days later stating that there was some sort of a system error on their side, which caused my transfer to be returned by the bank. Fortunately, it wasn't an issue at my bank.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Okrug

That is really great to hear. I'm glad you were able to receive an explanation for this return.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.