Transfer to your bank options bugged

BombyD
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys!

I have come to the forums because after 3 long weeks of trying to get a result from PayPal regarding my problem I gave up believing that they are actually going to help... so I am trying to figure out if anyone else is having this problem:

Whenever I go to the Transfer to your bank section I get 2 options: Instant transfer (which charges between 0.21 and 8.36 euro if I choose it and claims to send me the money "in minutes") and the Standard transfer which has a fee of 1.25 euro on transfer and takes between 1 and 3 business days to deliver).

The problem that I have is that even though I click on the standard option, the cursor always jumps on the Instant one and if I click next it informs me it is going to take the fee applicable for the Instant one - this is the most annoying bug I have seen in my life. No matter what I do, it forces me to chose the instant option if I want to get my money out of PayPal.

I have had this issue before, two weeks ago, when I wanted to transfer the money with standard, clicked on it, it jumped on instant but I assumed it was a bug and thought they won't charge me the big fee. But guess what?! They did charge me the full 8.36 euro and my money got into my account 4 days later! So long "within minutes".

My question is if any of you had this issue... how did you fix it? I am honestly close to closing my account because I am fed up with their customer support who promised to refund the rest of the fee and never replied back after that.

I have uploaded a picture below of how my transfer page looks like - even though it shows standard selected, the instant circle has that blue rectangle around it and when I click next it tells me my money will be transferred in minutes and that I will be charged the fee I told you about.

why.PNG

Have a great day! Hope you can help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BombyD 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BombyD
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I am from Romania - I did not think that what might seem like a bug could be relevant to the country I am in, that is why I did not mention it. It's my first time here, sorry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.