This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card

elianebarros
New Community Member

Hello,

I create mt first Paypal account today (i'm from Cape Verde) and when i'm trying to insert the card number, i receive the following error message: "This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method."

How can this be true if i never used Paypal before? What can i do to passthrough this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Eliane.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @elianebarros,

I'm sorry to hear that the card can't be added. Please contact PayPal customer service by phone for assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then call as a guest or log in.

A representative will be able to safely take your card number over the phone and search the system to investigate whether the card number has been used previously or not.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.