Swedbank | Cannot Link My Bank Account (We're not able to process your request right now.)

ScythM
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Swedbank account and my IBAN is 20* characters long and from what I've gathered in a thread from 2012 I know that PayPal only supports IBAN numbers that are 14 characters long, but removing the first 4 characters, the country code and the first 2 digits, gives an error and shows that the IBAN is incorrect.
Essentially, I have to include the "LT" in IBAN, but I don't know how many and which digits I can and cannot remove or if Swedbank IBAN is supported at all, despite the fact that PayPal recognizes it by showing "Swedbank, AB" above the input field when it is pasted fully. >>> Screenshot_2021-03-24 PayPal Wallet.png

I was not able to link my account for years now and I'm asking for help here.

* 2 letters and 18 digits, for example: LT123412341234123412.

P.S. My PayPal account is business type and this bank account is entirely Lithuanian.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Liznmike8
Contributor
Contributor
Here in the states we have to ask our banks to verify our account so we can link them
Login to Me Too

ScythM
Contributor
Contributor

What does the verification require? From my knowledge it wasn't mentioned or hinted at any point I interacted with my bank, after searching for instructions in native language I could not find any relevant information regarding verification nor linking my bank to PayPal, it leads to "2008 level of quality" offbrand-wikihow articles that don't give any useful details, though I wish it was this straightforward.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.