SEPA Trace

temp20201123a
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Almost 2 months ago I made a withdrawal to a bank account I thought was mine. After contacting the institution which holds this bank account (not the bank) I was told that the withdrawal/transfer was returned. The money did not show in my Paypal wallet so I called Paypal support and they informed me that a trace would be initiated and to expect news in 72 hours. It's been already 16 days but I don't get any update. When I call I'm told to wait a bit longer... but I'm not sure if anything is happening or they are just waiting an answer from the other bank that may never come. Does anyone have experience with how a trace works and how much time really takes? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

temp20201123a
Contributor
Contributor

I'm gonna reopen this because it was not solved and has become impossible to contact Paypal in my country (Spain).  I'm not sure about what next steps should I take. 

Login to Me Too

temp20201123a
Contributor
Contributor

I'm gonna try to update weekly my case, because I see a lot of people here with a similar problem but then they just disappear and you never know if they got their money back.

After losing my calling privileges I was finally able to contact PayPal via chat and I was informed that there was no trace, even though I was told 3 weeks ago the trace was initiated and then it was confirmed that a trace was in progress 2 times. I send via chat a confirmation the other party gave me with prove that the transfer was returned. I was told that a trace would be initiated, this time correctly and to wait 6 working days if I don't receive news to contact PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

temp20201123a
Contributor
Contributor

So I was not contacted but I was able to call Paypal. I was told that usually it takes around a month but it could be more. It sounds a bit weird because I was given prove that the transfer back was executed (more than a month ago). It's been enough time wasted and to much worry so I move on, won't be updating this thread anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.