Refund Transaction Display

sonars
Contributor
Contributor
So, just to be sure since I’m getting a bit anxious but a seller agreed to a refund and said that it would be “sent within a couple of days“ but I did not receive an email to claim this refunded money nor a transaction displays the refund, and yes I checked all the emails linked to my Paypal to make sure and I know that I will have to wait at least or between 30 days since I paid with my debit card through Paypal service, but shouldn’t I at least get an email or transaction immediately or does that too take a few days? Starting to worry if he really did deliver a refund.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard.

If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back.

You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.

If your payment is complete, but you didn't receive your item, it's not as described or the auction got canceled, you'll need to file a dispute. You can do this in PayPal Resolution Center.

If you feel the transaction was unauthorized, please visit our Resolution Center to file an unauthorized transaction dispute.

There are 2 kinds of disputes you can file:

Item Not Received – You bought something, but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
Significantly Not as Described – You received an item, but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs, but may be eligible for Return Shipping on US. Activate Return Shipping on US before filing your dispute to qualify for the benefit.)

Working with your seller can be the quickest way to resolve an issue. You can locate your seller's contact information on the transaction details page. They may be able to issue a refund to you or help with a return.

If you've tried working with your seller, but still need to file a dispute, here's how:

Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Report a Problem.
Select the reason for your case and click Continue.

*The Resolution Center is not currently available on the PayPal mobile app.

What's Next?

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. If we need additional information from you, or need you to take action, we will email you. You can check the status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard.

If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back.

You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.

If your payment is complete, but you didn't receive your item, it's not as described or the auction got canceled, you'll need to file a dispute. You can do this in PayPal Resolution Center.

If you feel the transaction was unauthorized, please visit our Resolution Center to file an unauthorized transaction dispute.

There are 2 kinds of disputes you can file:

Item Not Received – You bought something, but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
Significantly Not as Described – You received an item, but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs, but may be eligible for Return Shipping on US. Activate Return Shipping on US before filing your dispute to qualify for the benefit.)

Working with your seller can be the quickest way to resolve an issue. You can locate your seller's contact information on the transaction details page. They may be able to issue a refund to you or help with a return.

If you've tried working with your seller, but still need to file a dispute, here's how:

Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Report a Problem.
Select the reason for your case and click Continue.

*The Resolution Center is not currently available on the PayPal mobile app.

What's Next?

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. If we need additional information from you, or need you to take action, we will email you. You can check the status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.