Random money appeared in my account?

SpewdaBeff
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened my PayPal to see that money had randomly appeared. On my mobile device it says, "Correction, Transfer, Correction." I have no idea where this money came from, nor did I do anything with it when I discovered it earlier today. The transfer wasn't even to my card. If this money is mine, I'm glad to have a bit of cash.. However, if it isn't mine, I'd like to know. I don't want anything bad to happen if it isn't mine. It has been a few days since it happened and there has been no change but I'd like to know what it is. When I tried to lodge a case, it said to contact the sender directly but the only sender information it had said; Sender: PayPal. The first transfer memo said: $42.47 USD;PayPal Posting Date:Aug 24, 2020;Payment from:PayPal;Credit for Cash Advance Fees you may have been charged in error. Part I to PP Acct. So basically, What is it? Was it a mistake? Is it just a refund from PayPal? What do I do? Edit: PayPal has contacted me since I posted this and it offered an explanation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.