Quick question about currency conversion

andra33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

I have connected my PayPal account to a bank account in U.S. Dollars yesterday. Until now, I was withdrawing the money to a Euro account. I receive payments from my clients in $, so it makes sense to transfer from $ to $.

Anyway, when I did the transfer today, PayPal sent the amount (which was in $) in Euros to my $ bank account. Why did this conversion take place? Shouldn't have they sent the amount in $? 

I'm just thinking that maybe I need to make some settings I'm not aware of... I have set up that bank account especially for this purpose - so I skip the conversion and save my wages in $. 

Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @andra33,

When you withdraw from your PayPal account, the funds are automatically converted to the primary currency for the country your account is registered in. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but there's no option to change the withdrawal currency within your account.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

andra33
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I have figured it out that it must be something related to that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.