Primary Currency - INR(Indian Rupees) not available to me but it's available to some others.

SummoningAbster
Contributor
Contributor

As the title states, I understand that INR was removed because of an update in India but why is it available to a couple of people? I know a few acquaintances who have set INR as their primary currency. 

Is there any way for me to set it as my primary currency as well?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SummoningAbster
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply but my problem is not related to not being able to receive payment, I'm currently receiving all international payments without any hassles but I'm unable to set INR as my primary currency and due to that I might lose a large amount of money goes due to conversion fees (I sometimes have USD as my default payment and if I get a EUR payment suddenly, then the money converts to Dollar with a conversion fee and then back to INR when it's auto-withdrawn to my bank).

I regularly get Euros and Dollars and whatnot and it would be better if I set INR as my primary currency (like a lot of others are doing) and forget about it.

But unfortunately, INR itself is not shown within the listed currencies for me. Would love to head any solutions.

Thank You.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SummoningAbster 

You obviously didn't understand the second link I posted so this is from paypals site.

Important: Effective 1 April, 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, PayPal Payments Private Limited users cannot use Indian rupees (INR) to receive payments. This change, however, has no impact on PayPal’s international services. Users in India can continue to send and receive international payments in US dollars (USD).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SummoningAbster
Contributor
Contributor

While I do appreciate you replying, you clearly haven't read my initial post thoroughly. So do take your time reading it.
Let me quote my initial post to make it easy for you: "As the title states, I understand that INR was removed because of an update in India but why is it available to a couple of people?"

In other words, I know that it's possible to make international payments. I also know about the "update" which you mentioned. The problem is (As I've mentioned in the initial post) I know a few of my acquaintances who still have "INR" in their currency list (I've been shown screenshots of it). I don't know how/why some people still have access to setting INR as their primary currency.

So I was trying to understand what is going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.