Possible to withdraw USD thru SEPA?

DavideBaldini
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I want to liquidate my PayPal balance and withdraw everything to an European Bank, ING Group, via SEPA. My PayPal balance holds only USD, while my bank account is in EUR. I want to minimize the transaction cost.

For a currency exchange operation, PayPal charges a fee of 3.5% on top of the market exchange rate, but my ING bank charges "only" 2%.

Can I, somehow, withdraw these USD and decide to have ING perform the conversion, instead of PayPal? Apparently, when I walk thru the withdrawal procedure, PayPal forces me to execute the conversion USD->EUR before the withdrawal itself, so to charge me this higher exchange fee.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @DavideBaldini,

Thanks for reaching out! Due to banking and country regulations, when a withdrawal is made PayPal will automatically convert the currency to the local currency of the country the PayPal account is registered under, so there wouldn't be a way to withdraw a USD balance to an international bank and keep it as USD and allow the bank to do the conversion on their end. 

Hope this helps and welcome to the Community!

-Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.