Pending payment for more than 1 business days

jimmiespen
New Community Member

I have a pending payment that was sent to my account, which has been "pending" for 11 days already. This is a regular transfer that is usually released within 3 days. Is this something related coronavirus? Has anyone experienced this before?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

This_is_Chris
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, @jimmiespen,

I hope you are doing well and welcome to the PayPal community.

With regards to your pending payment, there are various reasons as to why a payment may show as pending. One of them is that your payment could have been sent as an eCheck. eChecks are payments directly taken from your bank and generally should take 6 business days from the date that the payment was sent, to clear up.

Here is a helpful article worth checking:

What is an eCheck? 

- I sent an eCheck, but the payment is pending. Why?

If the payment was more than 6 business days and still shows as pending, I highly recommend contacting us so that we can check what's happening. Even though our phone lines are closed due to the (COVID-19) safety precautions, you can still reach out to us via chat, by going to the contact us page.

Note: we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer.

Hope this helps! Always keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.