Pending Payment

aahad95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I hope someone can help me with this issue:

one of my colleagues created a Paypal pool fund for another colleague so the funds go towards buying a gift for their new baby. I clicked on the link, proceeded as a GUEST, filled in the necessary details and paid (I paid as a GUEST to speed up the payment process as I was working so I didn't want to waste much time). I received an email confirming the payment was pending, I then another email to say that Paypal are reviewing my payment and to help them with this I was asked to provide them a proof of address and ID. Up until this point I did NOT create a Paypal account.

As I wasn't sure exactly how to best proceed this, I then created a Paypal account - using the SAME relevant details as I did when I made the payment as a GUEST such as my email address and phone number - thinking that at some point this newly created paypal account might help me liaise with Paypal (I've added the same card I used for when I made the payment as a GUEST). I also called customer services explaining my query and they advised me to email Paypal using their "generic Service email address" (I tried to enter that email address here but it won't let me!) with the necessary proof of address and ID information, to which I did. After doing that I received an automated email saying that they can't answer emails sent to the mailbox linked to their email address.

Now I don't know what to do and I'm hoping someone can help me as I want my payment to go through so that my colleague going on maternity leave can use my money to buy a gift for the new baby!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

aahad95
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add they confirmed that they can see that transaction and confirmed the transaction ID i gave them - which I got from the first email - was correct. They can see it all on their system. 

Pending Payment 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.