Paypal money on hold

Petarn16
New Community Member

I was selling a virtual item and the money are now on hold. I've changed the status to Virtual/Digital goods and changed the order status to Shipped. And now I have this message "You have successfully updated shipment information. You’ll get your money within 1 day of delivery." What should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Madhubala1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Petarn16,

Thank you for your post.
I am sorry for the trouble caused. I can understand that you are referring to the payment hold. You can click here and check why the payment has been placed under hold.
I hope this helps.
Madhubala1

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Petarn16 

To add to the link that contains the information on the hold, can I add this as you are selling virtual items?

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale OR no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.