Payment on hold, no support from paypal due to covid-19, what to do ?

raviramani99
Contributor
Contributor

I received my payment from the buyer whom I provide the online software service and there is no scenario of shipping and still my payment is held by paypal and I am unable to contact paypal and also unable to mark as shipped (however there is nothing to ship, it was the service provided online)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raviramani99 

Do these steps to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the payment transaction.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed.

Then ask sender to do these steps to confirm receipt (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If buyer does not take action to confirm you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds if there is no tracking info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raviramani99 

Do these steps to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the payment transaction.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed.

Then ask sender to do these steps to confirm receipt (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

If buyer does not take action to confirm you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds if there is no tracking info.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

raviramani99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help man.

Login to Me Too

LiviuAsandei
Contributor
Contributor

What can i do if paypal put my money on hold and they don't bother to take into consideration the proofs they requested weeks ago?

The payment i got from the client was actually already been approved by him, delivered and everything but paypal still put my money on hold and don't even bother to read my emails. What is the whole purpose of the customer service if i'm facing a crucial problem and the reply i got from their was not even in English and has NOTHING to do with my problem in hand?

What can i do now? Im not working for fun, i need this money for my family ! Basically they holding my money without even care for a second what's happening with us ! I mean, i followed all the rules so it's not fair for me to expect paypal to treat me fairly ? I don't wanna be a drama queen here but if i don't get my money back, i literally have no money to feed my family, this is where i stand.

This is cry for help because i'm being ignored by paypal, i literally have no idea what to do next !

Login to Me Too

usedcellphones
Contributor
Contributor

I've done that, I've done a lot of business on Paypal for the last 6 months, but that button doesn't seem to be working for me.  They shipped the item, put a tracking number on it, but now are upset that the money isn't released and they need to pay rent on the 1st or get hit with a $250 late fee. 

I click the button and it takes me directly back to the "Activity" page without the second confirmation button.  Both accounts are verified.  Why is the button broke?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.