Payment Holds

tiggyboo
Contributor
Contributor

I've been an ebay and paypal customer forever, and suddenly I sell a camera on ebay on July 13, it is delivered July 17th - and my payment is on hold until August 3rd.  This is ludicrous and amounts to nothing more than a scam whereby ebay/PayPal can make interest on the money I should have been making interest on.  I dotted every "i", crossed every "t", and went out of my way to get the purchased item in the mail as soon as possible.  All for naught, because of rules, dubious at best,  in place that I dearly hope are challenged by the FTC at some point.  And I love the classy partnership whereby Paypal points the finger at Ebay, and Ebay points the finger at Paypal when it comes to questions on hold payment situations. Some ebay or paypal exec upgraded the leather package on his/her Mercedes at my expense.  Needless to say, "shame me once..." is in full force - and even though I will probably pay the price in terms of convenience and maybe even final sales price, I'm done with these thugs when it comes to selling stuff in the future.  I might walk away with less money in my pocket, but at least I won't feel as if I'd been fleeced.  Thanks for listening.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.