PayPal Requiring Me to Link a Card or Account When Trying to Send Available Funds

DaniDayan
Contributor
Contributor

I have funds available in my PayPal account which I am trying to send to a friend. Every time I try I get blocked during the sending process and PayPal is requiring me to link a credit card or bank account. I do not have a U.S. bank account I can link since I am using a South African PayPal account.

My bank offers it's own API to PayPal and I can send and withdraw funds through PayPal using my bank's online banking portal.

I have never had this problem before and have successfully sent money to friends and received/withdrawn money from my PayPal account to my South African bank account.

Why am I now being required to link a card/account? Is there a way around this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DaniDayan
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out there's a $4.99 charge for sending international payments so I just had to lower the amount I was sending so that my account balance covered the transfer and the fees... that's annoying but whatever. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DaniDayan
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out there's a $4.99 charge for sending international payments so I just had to lower the amount I was sending so that my account balance covered the transfer and the fees... that's annoying but whatever. Problem solved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.