Papal credit problem

Temp20201216t
Contributor
Contributor

My credit card was compromised recently and my bank advised me to cancel it.  During the week it took to get my new card, I had to pay for two items I bid on and won.  I used pay pal.  Now, trying to pay off the credit charges with my new card and can't do it.  Tried several times to "link a bank."

How can I accomplish this simple task?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201216t 

When you used PayPal to pay for the two bids, what funding source did you select within your PayPal account to pay? Your compromised card? Is your PayPal balance in the negative right now? Is negative PayPal balance the "credit charges" you're trying to pay off with your new card? If PayPal balance is negative, link a bank account to the PayPal wallet page, confirm the bank, then add funds to your PayPal balance to zero the balance. 

Or, link your new card, confirm card, then make a purchase with PayPal with new card as payment method and the amount you owe in the negative balance will be tacked on to the bill at checkout. This is the only way to zero out negative balance with a card on the site. Or call customer service to pay your negative balance off with a card.

Now PayPal security could be triggered and causing issues adding bank. You may need to leave account alone for a day or two and then try again.

Please contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201216t 

When you used PayPal to pay for the two bids, what funding source did you select within your PayPal account to pay? Your compromised card? Is your PayPal balance in the negative right now? Is negative PayPal balance the "credit charges" you're trying to pay off with your new card? If PayPal balance is negative, link a bank account to the PayPal wallet page, confirm the bank, then add funds to your PayPal balance to zero the balance. 

Or, link your new card, confirm card, then make a purchase with PayPal with new card as payment method and the amount you owe in the negative balance will be tacked on to the bill at checkout. This is the only way to zero out negative balance with a card on the site. Or call customer service to pay your negative balance off with a card.

Now PayPal security could be triggered and causing issues adding bank. You may need to leave account alone for a day or two and then try again.

Please contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.